An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. If you want to prevent bed bugs from wrecking your sleep, check out this post from our bed bug and termite treatment expert in Sydney.
Owing to their small size and transparent skin, bed bugs are tough to spot. You might not even realize that your bed is infested with bugs unless the little beasts start feeding on you.
Bed bugs are parasitic. Although these bugs are not known to spread any dangerous diseases, they feed on human blood. You must take a few steps to eradicate them.
What to Look Out For
If bugs have invaded your bed, you might have a hard time realizing the same. Often, people can’t tell bedbugs from other insects.
Look out for bed bugs if you have any of the following signs on your skin especially back, shoulders, arms, and feet:
- Itchy spots
- Reddish in color
- Arranged in a line
- Allergic reaction on your skin
What Causes Bed Bugs?
The widespread belief that bed bugs are the result of clutter, filth, and dirt in the house is fake news. Bed bugs are insects that migrate to your bed from public places such as public washrooms, hospitals, hotel rooms, public transport, and other residences. Insecticide resistance and changes in pest control practices are also the reasons that bed bugs breed and infest one’s bed.
Where to Watch Out For Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are small in size and thus, hide inside cracks and fissures near where people sleep. If you are looking out for bed bugs, you might want to check out the bed frames and headboards, mattresses and box springs and places of clutter near the bed.
When looking for bed bugs, keep in mind that they just might hide under peeling wall-paint or wallpaper, under electrical outlets, or furniture.
Bed bugs bites can damage your skin and trigger the formation of reddish blisters and allergies. If bugs have pervaded your bed, you can take some prevention measures against them.
Some prevention tips are listed down below:
- Never leave your skin exposed. You need to cover up in case your bed is infested with bugs. Wear pajamas to cover your legs when you go to bed.
- Home in on a bug spray as those usual mosquito repellant sprays are ineffective against bed bugs.
- Clean your bed and make use of mosquito netting to avoid any of those critters overspread on your bed again.
- When staying in hotel rooms or other residents, check out the reviews for bed bugs.
- Inspect second-hand items most carefully before you bring them home.
- Cover your mattress and pillows with fabric zip casings so that the bugs cannot find shelter in them.
Complete eradication of bed bugs is a tough nut to crack. However, contacting the best pest treatment available in Sydney is the right way to ensure that bed bugs go away. Call Termite Treatment Sydney at (02) 8315 3205 for professional help and eliminate bed bugs in your residence.